The motions for ESDC 2014:
Prepped Motion 1: THW allow surrogacy for profit
Prepped Motion 2: THW make financial literacy a requirement to access welfare (sponsored by Visa).
Prepped Motion 3: THW compel major polluters to open their borders to environmental refugees.
Prepped Motion 4: THW ban the use of armed, unmanned aerial vehicles.
Final : THBT the directors of central banks should be directly elected by the people (sponsored by Visa).
The four prepared motions and the grand final motion for Heart of Europe 2013:
THBT in the long run there is no hope to save Euro without a Federal Europe.
1. THBT the role of the Roman Catholic Church since 1945 in the world diplomacy has been overwhelmingly negative.
2. THBT with the ending of the Warsaw Pact there is no further justification for the existence of NATO.
3. THW stop public funding of space exploration.
4. THBT war causes more problems than it solves.
The motions from WSDC 2013 in Turkey were the following:
- Round 1: THBT important decisions about children’s health should be made by medical professionals and not by their parents
- Round 2: THBT the media should be prevented by law from intruding the lives of public figures
- Round 3: THS greater US military presence in East Asia
- Round 4: THW allow prisoners to choose death over life sentence
- Round 5: THW cease the exploitation of resources in the Arctic Region
- Round 6: THW require government schools to teach religious studies
- Round 7: THS sovereign debt default as a legitimate economic strategy for countries
- Round 8: THW require university students to work in their country of origin for a number of years after graduation
- Octo-finals: THW cut welfare support on compulsive gamblers
- Quarter-finals: THBT social movements in democratic countries should drive social change through the courts rather than the legislature
- Semi-finals: THBT the government should pay house wives and house husbands for their work
- Grand Final: THBT Turkey is better off outside the EU